Powered by Blogger.

Easter Treat, Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Individual Potato Gratins


I started adding up all the things I couldn’t do. I began with cooking.

Sylvia Plath

Have you ever seen something on Pintrest that just looks so simple that you think... yeah, I could totally do that?

While going through my favorite pins for Easter this year I saw something that I thought looked super simple, super cute, and something super easy that HBear could do with me. This is the pin,

DIY Jello Easter Eggs [Recipe & Tutorial] : made using plastic Easter eggs sprayed with cooking spray... what a fun idea for Easter dinner!

So I brought up the bag of plastic eggs from the crawlspace, or Ninja did at least LOL. Then I took them all over to my FIL so that he could use his drill press to put holes in the top.  My SIL is in town with JQ so of course HBear wanted to do the eggs with them :) so after quite a busy day and dinner HBear and I took 6 packages of Jell-O over to Grandma and Grandpa's to do a little Jell-O egg making. 

All of the plastic eggs have little pinholes on the top and the bottom so I knew that we are going to have to cover those up before we start filling them with liquid. So, we got a little chain going I gave HBear  a piece of tape, HBear  put the tape on the bottom of the eggs and Auntie C sprayed them with olive oil and then closed them up.

We started with purple Jell-O and HBear took JQ's baby Tylenol syringe (all washed out well of course LOL) and began pushing the liquid into the top hole. Then I put them in the fridge to gel. 5-10 minutes later I took them out and do another layer of purple until I had used up one cup of the purple liquid. 

And then I saw it.

The purple sticky goo that was covering my MIL's fridge.

It looked like something out of Ghostbusters LOL. The oil spray must've made the tape unsticky and the Jell-O was pouring out of the bottom holes all over the fridge!

We put them on a tray, we put them in the freezer, nothing worked. I looked at the time it was already HBear's bedtime and she hadn't even bathed yet!

I chalk this one up to a big mother effing Easter Pintrest fail! I actually wish I would have taken pictures of the epic mess lol but this is all I took :)



HBear was beside herself when she went to bed whining "what are we going to give all my friends were Easter this year Mommy?"

Shit. This is what happens when you set expectations too high LOL I am cursing my sister right now... she tried to warn me! But it's just not fair because last year she made some gorgeous thread eggs that held a little chocolate egg inside of it so by transitive property it's HER fault! BAHAHAHAHAHA

So, as I sat there looking through my cupboards trying to find some inspiration for what we could possibly make for a last minute Easter treat, I saw a 1/4 of a bag of mini marshmallows and I had remembered pinning a cute post last year!! 

Hallelujah Easter has been saved! 

So, as I watched Big Brother I sat and counted out mini marshmallows and put them in cute little bags I had bought to put our cute little Jell-O eggs in:)

I printed the Bunny Tails label from Life is Poppin' and stapled them on. 

This morning HBear woke up and looked at the piles of treat bags and said "this is what we are giving my friends?" She sounded totally unimpressed lol

Grrrrr get up to the table and sign them please!













Oh and don't worry, HBear told anyone who would listen today that Mommy FAILED at making Jell-O Easter eggs. Every time I heard her she was talking to a new Mom telling them all about MY epic fail.

Awesome :)

Last night I made pork, potatoes and corn. I love scalloped potatoes! But they are so rich and time consuming to make so I only usually make them for nice weekend dinners. This recipe has completely changed my mind though!!! Super easy and just enough for us, no waste :) the pork was delicious too, this meal was a definite winner!

Sweet and Spicy Glazed Pork Tenderloin 
Adapted from Little B Cooks

For spice rub:
2 teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 pork tenderloins
2 tablespoons olive oil

For Glaze:
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
1 tablespoon Sweet Chili Sauce

Stir the spice rub ingredients together in a small bowl and rub all over the pork. 




Heat oil in ovenproof 12-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat. 


Brown pork, turning occasionally, about 4-5 minutes total.  Remove from heat, but leave pork in skillet.


Stir together brown sugar, garlic and Sweet Chili sauce in a small bowl. 


Pat the mixture on top of the pork. 


Place skillet in the oven at 350.  Roast until thermometer inserted diagonally into the center of each tenderloin registers 140 degrees, about 20 minutes. 




Let pork stand in skillet, loosely covered with foil for 10 minutes. 



Inspire Me Monday Link Party

Individual Potato Gratins 
Adapted from Little B Cooks

1-2 very large russet potato, thinly sliced
1 package of Smoked Gouda 
1 onion, thinly sliced 
Salt and pepper 
1/2 cup cream 

Preheat oven to 375

Spray a 6 muffin tin with spray. 

Layer potato slices, cheese, onions into each cup. Season with salt and pepper, and top each with 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.





Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes or until potatoes are tender, removing foil halfway through cooking time.



Thursday Favorite Things Button

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © HoneyBears & SydneyBeans

Design by Emporium Digital via Blogspot templates